Mince spring rolls...
(Makes 10-12 rolls)
500 g beef mince
1 packet of large Popiah skin
1 large onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1/2 can green peas (strain liquid out)
1 tablespoon meat curry powder
1/2 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garam masala
1. Heat pan and drizzle good amount of oil.
2. Throw in the onions and garlic,stir till onions turns transparent.
3. Add the mince,garam masala,curry powder and turmeric.
4. Season well and stir for 15-20 Min's.
5. Add green peas and continue stirring for another 10 Min's.
6. Set cooked filling aside.
7. Carefully peel 1 sheet of the popiah skin slowly of the stack starting a little from each side. Make sure u keep the sheets moist by cover it with a damp towel. Repeat process after each popiah rolled.
8. Put the sheet in a diamond position and place a tablespoonful of fillings onto the bottom end of the sheet.
9. Roll over the bottom edge over the fillings and fold the side edges inwards flat and keep rolling the fillings in a circular motion toward till it comes to the other end.
10. Bind the skin together with the egg white.
11. It ready to be shallow fried till golden brown.
Serve it hot with Thai chili sauce...
It's a perfect light snack and also can be served as a beautiful appetizer.
Ps* U can also store it in an air tight container in the fridge and fry it till needed..
And i choose shallow frying to deep frying for healthier diet.