A : Lamb
4 lamb steak
1 lemon for juice
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cummin seed powder
1 tablespoon fennel seed powder
B : Couscous
250 grams couscous
2 Red pepper (cut into smaller pieces)
2 Yellow pepper (cut into smaller pieces)
2 garlic (crushed)
350 ml water
1 chicken stock cube
1 lemon (zest)
Salt & pepper
C : Salad
1 good handful of purple cabbage (thinly sliced)
1 good handful of spinach
8 cherry tomatoes (sliced into half)
Good drizzle of sesame seed dressing
D : Sides
1. Mix and marinate all the ingredients in A. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hrs.
2. Pre heat oven to 180 deg. Line a shallow roasting tray with grease proof paper.
3. Toss the garlic and peppers together. Drizzle with olive oil and season well. Roast for 45 mins.
4. Boil water and chicken cube for 15 min on high heat.
5. Place couscous and lemon zest into a big bowl.
Add the boiling stock into bowl cover and let it stand for 10 mins.
5. Take the lamb out to room temperature and heat up the grill.
6. Drizzle a little oil and place steaks on grill. Cook till both side are nicely charred.
7. Check the peppers, remove from oven.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and then toss in the pepper. Set this aside.
8. Do your salad last as it is very easy to toss everything together.
Mix all salad ingredients and set aside.
9. Your steaks should be ready. Serve by putting a good amount of couscous on plate,
top it with a steak and a serving of salad, yogurt and lemon wedge by the side.