10 glass prawns ( deshelled tails intact)
6 hard boiled eggs (deshelled)
A handful dried chilies
Hot water (soaking)
2 cm cube grilled shrimp paste
1 tablespoon tamarind paste (mixed with water for make juice )
1 medium red onion (sliced thinly)
1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
1 cube ikan bilis stock
1 tablespoon sugar
Half cup of vegetable oil
1. Sock dried chilies in hot water for 15 mins till soft. Then blend chilies and water together with shrimp paste. (Make sure you don't smell the mixture right after opening the cover, the fume might choke you)
2. Heat oil in wok, saute garlic and onions till transparent.
3. Add the chili paste, tamarind juice and ikan bilis cube together for
15-20 mins till fragrant over medium high heat.
4. Season with salt and stir in the sugar. Then gently add in the eggs and mix well.
5. Lastly mix in the prawns and stir well and cook for another 15 mins.
Serve with steamed rice or "Nasi lemak".