250 grams chicken(various parts for stock and meat)
3 cloves garlic
2 inch fresh ginger
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
700 ml water
2 cups of fragrant uncooked rice
1000 ml water
Spring onion (thinly chopped)
1. Simmer all ingredients in A in a medium
pot for 45 mins over medium heat.
2. In another pot, wash rice repeatedly three times.
Then add in the water and simmer over medium heat for 30 mins.
3. Once stock is done, pour in the stock and chicken
skin only for extra flavour into the porridge.
Add salt and stir gently, simmer porridge for another 20 mins.
4. Take the rest of the boiled chicken
parts and shred meat and set aside.
Throw away unwanted parts and bones.
5. To serve take a handful of the shredded chicken meat into bowl, then add the porridge. Top with more shredded chicken meat, fried shallots, spring onions and a dash of white pepper.