Friday 12 February 2010

Back to basic


South indian food are normally made out of lentils. It brings me back to my childhood days going to Little India with my family. I use to love the Paper dosai which is more crispy then the normal dosai. As i grew older my taste buds have changed. So here are two of my favourites now Egg dosai and Idly.

Dosai is a crepe made of Rice and black lentils.
Idly is a steamed batter of fermented black lentils (de husked) and rice.

Both are normally served warm with chutneys. It's a typical breakfast dish for the south indians. But people in Singapore tends to enjoy it at any time of the day. Back in those days they use to serve the chili powder along with the dosai. It is hard to find it now. They kinda of stop it...:(

Love,
Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment