There is so many types of bananas that you can choose from. "Emas", "Kepok" but my favourite is "Pisang Tanduk.." Horn banana. It normally come 9- 10 inches. You could easily get 10 slices from one piece. I love to shallow fry them and enjoy it with a cup of Tea on weekends while i play my Dominos on my patio. Here is how i love it done...
1 ripe horn banana
4-5 tablespoons of rice flour
Pinch of salt
1 drop of yellow food colouring
(to enhance colour)
4 tablespoons water
Oil for shallow frying
1. Cut 1 inch slices slantwise.
2. Prepare batter by adding rice flour,water salt and colouring in a bowl.
3. Heat oil in wok or frying pan.
4. Coat each slice evenly with the batter.
5. Gently glide the coated slices into oil once it's hot.
6. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
7. Drain well and serve.