Crab in spicy coconut milk... (lemak chili padi)
4 large blue flower crab
2 lemongrass (bruised)
2 medium onions
3 cloves garlic
1 inch galangal
1 tablespoon turmeric
200 ml Kara coconut milk
250 ml water
1 cup vegetable oil
1. Clean by pulling up the triangular belly flap of the crab and pull shell apart from body.
Clean the innards, snap body in half and pull claws and set all aside.
2. Blend onions, garlic and galangal together in processor.
3. Heat oil in huge wok or pot.
4. Add in the blended mixture once oil is hot.
5. Throw in the lemongrass and turmeric. Fry till fragrant for 20 Min's.
6. Add the crab and stir well and cover let it cook for 1 minute.
7. Add in the water and coconut milk and stir well with crab.
8. Season well with salt and cover and simmer for 10 Min's.
9. Transfer only crab pieces onto another plate as you need to thicken the gravy.
You do not want to over cook the crab.
10. Simmer the coconut gravy for 10-15 Min's.
11. Add the crab pieces into gravy stir well and off fire.
12. Serve hot with steamed rice.