Daging Kicap ( Soya sauce beef stew)
500 g beef (sliced rather thinly)
3 large red onion (2 cut in quarters,1 into rings)
4 cloves garlic
3 red chili (cut into 3)
2 cups water
4 large potatoes (cut into quarters)
2 medium tomatoes (cut into quarters)
1 tablespoon chili paste
1 teaspoon garam masala
4-5 tablespoon sweet dark soya sauce
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon maggi seasoning
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 cup oil
1. Blend 2 onion, garlic and chili and 1 cup water together in a mixer.
2. Heat up wok and add oil.
3. Once oil is hot, gently add in the blended mixture.
4. Also stir in the chili paste, turmeric powder, garam masala and stir till fragrant for 15-20 Min's.
5. Throw in the beef and stir well and cover wok and let it cook for a good 15 Min's.
6. Make sure u keep an eye and stir the beef from time to time.
7. Add 1 cup water, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, maggi seasoning. Throw in the potatoes, stir well and cover. Let it simmer for another 20 Min's till meat and potatoes are cooked.
8. Lastly add in the fresh tomatoes and sliced onion rings and stir for 5-7 Min's.
9. It's best to let the gravy rest before serving.
Serve hot with steamed rice... For extra oomph..try it with malay sambal belacan or indian achar..