Sambal fried rice...
It's one of my favourite simple dishes of all time.. Since young my grandma use to make this in the morning, traditional malay breakfast. Brings back fond memories.. Of course u can serve it at any time of the day. My husband loves it with his achar..:)
5 red chilies
2 medium red onions
2 cloves garlic
1 small 2 cm cube belacan, burnt lightly over small fire (shrimp paste cake)
1/2 cube ikan bilis stock (maggi seasoning)
1 cup water
2 cups fragrant rice
1. Wash and cook rice in cooker.
2. Blend chilies, onions, garlic, belacan and water together.
3. Heat wok and add oil.
4. Gently pour in the blended mixture. Stir till fragrant for 15-20 Min's.
5. Add salt and ikan bilis stock cube, keep stirring so it doesn't burnt.
6. Beat 2 eggs in the mixture and stir gently.
7. Check on the rice it should be cook by now.
8. Add in the rice to the mixture.
9. Gently stir it for 5-10 Min's and off heat.
10. Fry the other 2 sunny side ups.
11. Serve on plate top with the sunny side ups..
Enjoy.... Goes great with hot tea and fish or prawn crackers on the side.