Frying till fragrant
In my most of my asian cooking, i normally use the onion, garlic or also with the chili paste mixture to start with. So here are some tips on how to cook it right. Making sure the paste if properly ''garing" or "naik bau" in malay or till fragrant we call it in english. It make a different in flavour if you don't cook it correctly or even end up with an upset tummy...
1. Make sure the oil is hot when u add in the blended paste. Do it gentle making sure the oil doesn't splatter all over you.
2. Paste is normally pale in colour.
3. Always make sure the fire is not too high or else you might end up burning the paste.
4. Give it time to cook so please be patient and don't be in a hurry to add the
other ingredient especially the meat.
5. Meat should only be added after paste is properly cooked.
6. Once the paste is cooked the paste turn darker in colour,
and the oil normally sit over it.
I have put up a picture of a cooked paste to give you guys an idea on how it should looks like.