Paper wrapped chicken...
(Makes 8 bags)
This recipe brings me way back to my school days, Home Economic kitchen. I still treasure this juicy tender recipe. U have to give it a try.
8 chicken wings
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoon light soya sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
8 Slices of ginger
Oil for shallow or deep fry
Tracing paper (10 by 10 inches squares)
Toothpick or stapler
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and season well.
2. Marinate chicken for 1 hour.
3. Place tracing paper onto table, put chicken in the middle and place a slice of ginger.
4. Take all sides of the paper and fold together.
5. Secure the paper tightly with a toothpick or staple it together.
6. Heat oil in a large wok.
7. Fry till paper turns dark. Turn over bags of chicken so it cook on all sides.
8. Drain well in wok before placing it onto a plate.
9. Place a paper towel to absorb all the excess oil.
10. Tear and peel the bag apart slowly, making sure it slightly cooled down.
11. Careful as content is still very hot. The chicken skin might stick a little onto the paper.
12. Serve onto another clean plate.
Juicy mouth watering wings... Hope you enjoy it..